Just a few of our ongoing community projects include:
District 12-N Lions Clubs of East TN, including the Karns Lions Club, support a number of partner non-profits with service hours and/or monetary support through club dues.
The Karns Lions Club was charted in 1954 and participated in projects such as delivering Christmas baskets and cutting & delivering firewood for families in need.
In 1957 built the first modern football field for Karns High School (the county couldn't afford to). The club operated concessions at football games until the football complex debt was paid off.
In 1964, Dr Harvey Coker, a charter member of the Karns Lions Club, established the East Tennessee Eye Bank. It is now one of the top Eye Banks in the country and is located at UT Medical Center.
In 1967 bought land that would become the Karns Lions Club Community Park. In 1969 the Karns Pool was built at a cost of $100,000 and paid for with members' personal loans (these were paid in full by 1976).
Donated community park land to the Karns Volunteer Fire Department in 1980.
In 1987 started the "Skills For Adolescence" program in Karns Middle School. With funding & training from the Club, Knox County expanded the program to all middle schools in the county.
When the new Karns High School was built, the Club helped install the press box & concessions stand.
The Karns Lions Club is part of the Tennessee Lions Club District 12-N, which includes 24 counties in East TN.
Open from dawn to dusk/dark
6618 Beaver Ridge Road, Knoxville, Tennessee 37931, United States